April 12, 2009

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're an Arkansas Razorback fan."

I find it quite easy, actually (I'm talking post-1994 here). I think the Razorbacks have done more to contribute to my life-lessons on humility than any other factor in my life. And I thank them for that. Somehow, no matter the sport, they always know the exact moment that I start becoming too prideful. And I can always count on those Hogs to bring me crashing back down. They remind me to humble myself. And I always do. Over and over and over and over again.


Quite possibly the most heartbreaking moment of my life thus far: Clint Stoerner's fumble.

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, God made me a Razorback fan. It's a curse that I'll always be under. A burden for me alone to carry. And all I can say is that it's one heckuva roller coaster ride, but God love those Hogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment