January 10, 2010

Arkansas in all its glory.

It's no secret that I'm head over heels in love with my state. The great state of Arkansas. The Natural State. Some people don't appreciate Arkansas as much as I do, and I feel that it's my personal responsibility to convince them otherwise. But that can't be done without allowing me to be your tour guide. So Sara and Sara, this is for you. Y'all should abandon Memphis immediately, jump on I-40 west, and make the journey to Fayetteville, Arkansas. The following are the top 10 reasons you will not be disappointed:

10.Do you eat Tyson chicken? Shop at Wal-Mart much? Come see where they started. Doesn't get more exciting than that.
9. As of September 2008, Little Rock, Arkansas was the farthest West that Sara Harvey had ever been, courtesy of yours truly. I'm all for expanding people's horizons, even if it is just an additional 200 miles.
7. While nothing in our history together makes me think that we would want to go hike a mountain, the opportunity would be there should we so desire.
6. You'll hear the famous Hog Call a minimum of 15 times over the course of the weekend. And I know you've missed that. Woo Pig Sooie.
5. Possible celebrity sightings: The Duggar family. That's really it. But there's 21 possibilities right there.
4. You can see the poof in its natural habitat. Sans Bump-It.
3. Dickson street. A less... urban Beale Street.
2. You could go an entire weekend without having to dodge a single motorized wheelchair on the street. Plus, your chances of living increase exponentially.
1. I turn a quarter-of-a-century years old on February 8th, 2010. And you two coming to Fayetteville would be the best present I could ask for. That, or an iPhone.

I think I've made my case.

1 comment:

  1. I fully 100% support #8 and #3. Arkansas is the greatest state ever.

    ReplyDelete